Accomplishing this habit for 2016 can cause a ripple effect of positive changes!
Water is an essential to life (not just for humans either). Your brain contains 85% water, blood contains 80%, and muscle contains 70% water. Your body is made up of 60-80% water… and so is our planet.
Did you know that NASA’s motto in the hunt for extraterrestrial life has been “follow the water”? It’s kind of a big deal.
- Drinking more water helps keep you full. This can keep you from overindulging.
- Substituting sugary drinks (soda, frappes, juice, etc.) with water certainly cuts out excess calories and more importantly, keeps you away from sugar crashes that can wear on your overall health and lead to diseases such as diabetes.
- Substituting sugary drinks with water also saves you money! Especially if you use a reusable water bottle. 🙂
- Eating water-rich foods including fruits & vegetables helps keep you full and adds a nutritional element to your water intake.
- Hydration helps your kidneys do their job by cleansing and ridding your body of toxins. This allows your body to operate at full force so you can focus on being awesome.
- Staying hydrated also helps folks with reducing inflammatory symptoms like in your hands and ankles and helps lubricate joints. Our bodies work hard to hold onto water when we are dehydrated. Drink up to reduce the discomfort, aches, and pains!
- Getting enough fluids helps prevent constipation. Water helps flush out waste, No one likes constipation…
- Hydration also can help your appearance! Your skin functions as a protective barrier to prevent excess fluid loss. Giving your body the fluids you need helps keep your skin fresh. Shine on! 🙂
- Lack of hydration has an immediate effect on energy levels. Tired of daytime fatigue? Water is your go-to best friend for getting your energy back!
- Hydration helps your body function. Again it is an essential for digestion, nutrient absorption, proper circulation, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients, and maintenance of body temperature to name a few. All of these are contributors to having your body fuel itself at optimal levels leading to a healthier metabolism.
It is a manageable goal that is simple, can positively impact your body both physically & mentally, and even save you money! Enough said.